I am extremely passionate about teaching and learning, with my love for effective learning strategies and technology developing every day. I really enjoy working in a friendly, innovative college that continually strives to provide exceptional teaching and learning. Everyday I learn something new within my role and I have been provided with fantastic development opportunities to support my own professional practice.
Laura was appointed in 2006 originally as a Lecturer in Beauty. In recent years Laura has been teaching on the Teacher Training course, delivering sessions to students wishing to become professional qualified teachers.
I like my job at Coleg Cambria because each day is different. I am the receptionist in Salon Ial and responsible for the day to day bookings. I also help and assist students to do the same. It's a varied and challenging role but very rewarding.
Janine has worked for the College for 10 years and manages the busy reception desk of Salon Ial on our Grove Park site. She has a busy and varied role and is responsible for booking appointments for clients and assisting students with customer services. Her main goal is ensuring customer satisfaction and that everyone visiting the salon has enjoyed the experience and helped the students gain experience.
Receptionist - Hair and Beauty
I was attracted to the college by its reputation for forward thinking and numerous awards for quality of teaching and learning. Since my appointment I have been able to see just how excellent the College is and I am eagerly looking forward to ensuring its growth over the next few years.
Alex was appointed as Deputy Director and Head of Sixth Form in September 2015. He is responsible for managing the A Level provision on the College's Deeside site and is leading on the development of the brand new Deeside Sixth Form Centre, which opened in September 2016.
Deputy Director and Head of Sixth Form
- EXCELLENT PENSION SCHEME(S)
- GENEROUS ANNUAL LEAVE ENTITLEMENT
- ON SITE NURSERY PROVISION (DEESIDE ONLY)
- SALARY SACRIFICE CHILDCARE VOUCHERS
- DISCOUNTS ON A RANGE OF COLLEGE EVENING COURSES
- A CONTRIBUTION OF UP TO 1/3 TOWARD PROFESSIONAL COURSE FEES (GLYNDWR UNIVERSITY)
- ACCESS TO A WIDE RANGE OF E-LEARNING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- DISCOUNTED GYM MEMBERSHIP
- EXCELLENT SPORTS AND FITNESS FACILITIES (ON SITE GYM AT DEESIDE SITE)
- FREE PARKING ON ALL SITES
- CYCLE SCHEME (10% OFF AT SELECTED RETAILERS)
- FREE ACCESS TO MICROSOFT OFFICE ON UP TO 5 (PERSONAL) DEVICES
- ACCESS TO MEDICASH
- DISCOUNTED RATES FOR HAIRDRESSING AND BEAUTY TREATMENTS
- DISCOUNTED RATES AT OUR ON SITE (TRAINING) RESTAURANTS